CALENDAR

Guided tours are available daily.  Learn more about our tour options.

Historic Hotel Tour times: 
Tuesday-Saturday: 10:30am, 11:30am, 12:30pm, 1:30pm, 2:30pm, 3:30pm 
Sunday: 10:30am, 11:30am, 1:30pm, 2:30pm, 3:30pm

Touch of Chinatown Tour times: 
Tuesday-Saturday: 2:00pm

Calendar View List View Printer-Friendly Version Print View Export as iCalendar
Event Details
An American Dream
Special Presentation With Seattle Opera

Tuesday, June 30, 2015 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM

An American Dream is a new opera born out of a simple question:  If you had to leave your home today and could only take one thing with you, what would you take? Seattle Opera asked this question to hundreds of people, and two answers lead to the creation of an opera set in the Puget Sound during WWII. This new work has at its center the story of a Japanese American family and their forcible relocation and incarceration.  

On June 30, join Jessica Murphy Moo, An American Dream’s librettist, and Nick Malinowski, Seattle Opera’s Community Programs Manager, for an exploration of the opera, and a discussion about the history and the themes that run through this powerful and important new piece.

In addition to representatives from Seattle Opera, the event will include guest speaker Mako Nakagawa of the Japanese American Citizens League, and a former incarceree during World War II. 

This is a chance to listen, learn, and share your experience as it relates to a story that is central to our community. 

An American Dream is a production of the Seattle Opera’s 2015-2016 season. Join us, as we learn and hear more about this upcoming production.

This program is FREE and open to the public.

Doors will open at 6pm.

Please note: the museum galleries will be closed at 5pm.

Fees: Free and open to the public.
Calendar:
Category: Special Events
  Add this single event to my Outlook(TM) Calendar  Add this single event to my Google(TM) Calendar  Add this single event to my Yahoo!(R) Calendar

National Park Service

STEP INTO A UNIQUELY AMERICAN STORY

Hours & Directions | In the News | Media Inquiries | Contact Us
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

© 2015 WING LUKE MUSEUM OF THE ASIAN PACIFIC AMERICAN EXPERIENCE