CALENDAR

Guided tours are available daily.  Learn more about our tour options.

Historic Hotel Tour times: 
Tuesday-Saturday: 10:30am, 11:30am, 12:30pm, 1:30pm, 2:30pm, 3:30pm 
Sunday: 10:30am, 11:30am, 1:30pm, 2:30pm, 3:30pm

Touch of Chinatown Tour times: 
Tuesday-Saturday: 2:00pm

Calendar View List View Printer-Friendly Version Print View Export as iCalendar
Event Details
Celebrating Minoru Yasui

Saturday, June 25, 2016 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM

The late civil rights leader Minoru Yasui deliberately protested the military curfew laws on Japanese Americans during World War II, and was subsequently arrested, leading him to challenge the constitutionality of the order.

Join us for a two-day event celebrating the centennial of the birth of Minoru Yasui in 1916. He was posthumously awarded the 2015 Presidential Medal of Freedom, the highest civilian honor in the United States. 

On Saturday, June 25, at Wing Luke Museum, watch the in-progress documentary, Never Give Up! Minoru Yasui and the Fight for Justice. A discussion of the film will be led by Holly Yasui, co-director (for more information please see: www.minoruyasuifilm.org) and a monologue the play EO 9066 will be read by Heath Hyun.

A panel discussion of current civil rights issues with audience participation will follow.

On Sunday, June 26, excerpts from the play Citizen Min will be read at Blaine Memorial Methodist Church, 3001 – 24th Avenue South, at 2:00 p.m., also followed by a panel and audience participation.

Admission is free to the public for both programs.

Sponsored by Humanities Washington. Also part of the Tateuchi Story Theatre Performing Arts Series sponsored by the Atsuhiko and Ina Goodwin Tateuchi Foundation.

Fees: Free and open to the public
Calendar:
Category: Special Events
  Add this single event to my Outlook(TM) Calendar  Add this single event to my Google(TM) Calendar  Add this single event to my Yahoo!(R) Calendar

National Park Service

STEP INTO A UNIQUELY AMERICAN STORY

Hours & Directions | In the News | Media Inquiries | Contact Us
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

© 2015 WING LUKE MUSEUM OF THE ASIAN PACIFIC AMERICAN EXPERIENCE