CALENDAR

Guided tours are available daily.  Learn more about our tour options.

Historic Hotel Tour times: 
Tuesday-Saturday: 10:30am, 11:30am, 12:30pm, 1:30pm, 2:30pm, 3:30pm 
Sunday: 10:30am, 11:30am, 1:30pm, 2:30pm, 3:30pm

Touch of Chinatown Tour times: 
Tuesday-Saturday: 2:00pm

Calendar View List View Printer-Friendly Version Print View Export as iCalendar
Event Details
Red Earth, Gold Gate, Shadow Sky by Mark Jenkins
A staged reading

Saturday, October 8, 2016 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM

Join Wing Luke Museum for a special presentation staged reading of the play Red Earth, Gold Gate, Shadow Sky by Mark Jenkins, directed by Victor Pappas.

Featuring actors Michael Cercado, Michael Chansavang, Bunthay Cheam, Sophath Keith, Nissana Nov, Sreymom Serey,  Jalen Testerman.

"The play presents that saga [the plight of Cambodian deportation]. It takes place over the course of 25 years, weaving through refugee camps, the American streets, prison, and other kinds of incarceration. It has magical realism and mythological creatures, addressing the deep history Cambodians have with their mythology."

-- From More Than a Play by University of Washington, School of Drama

"Their goals for the play are to inspire more stories about the Cambodian Diaspora; “We hope this production will spark a flame so that Khmer Americans will write their own play.” Pappas and Jenkins also want to raise awareness about deportation laws and the negative effects on the community."

-- From Red Earth, Gold Gate, Shadow Sky by Khmerican

Presented in conjunction with the exhibition, Khmer American: Naga Sheds Its Skin currently on display through November 13, 2016.

This program is supported in part by the National Endowment for the Arts.

This program is free and open to the public.

Fees: Free and open to the public
Calendar:
Category: Special Events
  Add this single event to my Outlook(TM) Calendar  Add this single event to my Google(TM) Calendar  Add this single event to my Yahoo!(R) Calendar

National Park Service

STEP INTO A UNIQUELY AMERICAN STORY

Hours & Directions | In the News | Media Inquiries | Contact Us
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

© 2015 WING LUKE MUSEUM OF THE ASIAN PACIFIC AMERICAN EXPERIENCE