CALENDAR

Guided tours are available daily.  Learn more about our tour options.

Historic Hotel Tour times: 
Tuesday-Saturday: 10:30am, 11:30am, 12:30pm, 1:30pm, 2:30pm, 3:30pm 
Sunday: 10:30am, 11:30am, 1:30pm, 2:30pm, 3:30pm

Touch of Chinatown Tour times: 
Tuesday-Saturday: 2:00pm

Calendar View List View Printer-Friendly Version Print View Export as iCalendar
Event Details
Blast Off to Beyond Family Activities

Saturday, July 14, 2018 10:30 AM - 1:20 PM

Youth and families blast off in this new KidPLACE exhibit, where we explore the skies and beyond! The field of aerospace is diverse, and we celebrate the Asian Pacific Americans that play a huge role in space exploration and technology. Are you ready to take flight?

Meet Soyeon Yi, South Korea’s first and only astronaut, and learn about Wong Tsoo, the Chinese man who was the first engineer at the Boeing Aircraft Company! 

Sit under the stars in a portable planetarium and learn about the constellations and the myths from around the world that celebrate the heavens.

A family-friendly event. 

Schedule
10:30AM  Create paper rockets and airplanes that you can take home with you (2nd floor by KidPlace Gallery)

10:30AM  *Planetarium: "Up in the Sky" (Community Hall) 

11:00AM  Wong Tsoo presentation by Key Donn, Docent from the Museum of Flight (Tateuchi Story Theatre)

11:15AM  Soyeon Yi presentation about being an astronaut (Tateuchi Story Theatre)

11:40AM  *Planetarium: "Twilight Tales" From around the world! (Community Hall)

12:15PM  *Planetarium: "Up in the Sky" Learn about the stars! (Community Hall)

1:00PM   *Planetarium: "Twilight Tales" From around the world! (Community Hall)

*Participants must be able to sit quietly on the floor or in a lap in the dark for this 20 minute activity. Guests will be able to pick up tickets for these timed showing starting the morning of. Each shows capacity is 24 people.

Fees: Free with museum admission.
Calendar:
Category: Special Events
  Add this single event to my Outlook(TM) Calendar  Add this single event to my Google(TM) Calendar  Add this single event to my Yahoo!(R) Calendar

National Park Service

STEP INTO A UNIQUELY AMERICAN STORY

Hours & Directions | In the News | Media Inquiries | Contact Us
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use

© 2015 WING LUKE MUSEUM OF THE ASIAN PACIFIC AMERICAN EXPERIENCE